|You're The Options Expert
OptionVue version 8.42 started shipping June 12, 2018.
Addressing the problems caused by a very large SPX Matrix
In a recent (previous) release, we made changes allowing the user to include a great deal more of the existing SPX options in the SPX matrix.
We made a couple of changes to help the program handle this better. For one thing, we found that the program, when in BackTrader mode,
Here are some specific suggestions:
1. Use no greater than “Small” for the ITM Extents.
2. Set the Strike Intervals to 10 or greater.
3. Hold the number of expirations down to just the few you are truly interested in. If you’re interested in the weeklys but not necessarily the nearby weeklys, then use “Exclude the nearest n Weeklys” to keep the nearby weeklys out of the Matrix.
1. When opening a Matrix that has more than 4,000 options, a friendly warning is displayed, suggesting that it would be best to reduce the number of strikes or expirations. This warning will be displayed no more than once/day.
2. When renaming an account, the program automatically fills in the name of the currently active account so you can use that as a starting point.
Special Tip with Regard to the Collect BackTrader Data feature
Working with BackTrader can be so much faster when you first collect and store files locally. As you set up to use this feature (found under the
1. When working with a very large SPX matrix, there could be delayed responses to keystrokes and mouse clicks. We were able to make this
2. When importing trades From TOS into the T.Log, it is now possible to click the “Date” column header to instantly sort the incoming trades by
3. When exporting matrix data, and including each option’s expiration date, the program was not always outputting the option’s official expiration
4. If you went back to Jan 1, 2001 in BackTrader, then clicked the Calendar button, the program would error out. This was corrected.
5. When sending asset files to tech support, if you entered the symbol of a “class” stock such as LGF.A, the program would error out. This was
6. When working in BackTrader with an extremely large SPX matrix (i.e. 6,000+ options), the program could fill in some but not all of the option’s
7. During the process of collecting BackTrader data, if the program came to a historical date when our data center was experiencing problems, a